Solving Our Own Problems

 Austin, Chase, and Finn spent most of class-time building a block "fortress castle ship" together this morning. While they were busy building the towers and the walls around their ship, I (Jena) came over to take a photo of their creation.
 Just as I was taking the picture, Lena accidentally knocked part of Chase's wall down with her foot as she was walking by to get the the art table. Instead of intervening too much, I simply asked Lena to please talk to Chase about what just happened.
I was delighted to see them work out their problem with ease and understanding. Their conversation went something like this:
Chase- Lena, why did you knock down my tower?
Lena- My foot just did it because I was walking there. I can help you build it again if you want me to.
Chase- Oh okay. It's okay. We can make it again.
Back to playing, no big deal.....

1 comment:

Malia {Playdough to Plato} said...

Awww. I love this post!!