Friends Across Generations

Story People by Brian Andreas
I have always loved Brian Andreas, an artist from Iowa who incorporates drawing, painting, and writing in his art. He also makes sculptures on old barn wood. I love his quotes and think they are beautiful to use with pictures.You can check him out here @ http://www.storypeople.com/

These are little packets of light & you need to plant them early in the year & remember to mark where they were because lots of times they look like weeds in the beginning & it's not until later that you see how beautiful they really are.
They came to sit & dangle their feet off the edge of the world & after awhile they forgot everything but the good & true things they would do someday.
Someday, the light will shine like a sun through my skin & they will say, What have you done with your life? & though there are many moments I think I will remember, in the end, I will be proud to say, I was one of us.
It is not what you think, this reaching across the generations. There is no effort of will, no fierce glare in the face of the sideways dance of everyday. There is only the quiet of each morning, filled with soft breathing while you hold your tea in the cool air & always that moment when your love spreads a cloth upon the table & invites the whole day in again.
If there is any secret to this life I live, this is it: the sound of what cannot be seen sings within everything that can. & there is nothing more to it than that.
She left pieces of her life behind her everywhere she went. 
It's easier to feel the sunlight without them, she said.
Everything changed the day she figured out there was exactly 
enough time for the important things in her life.
I have heard too much beauty to ever go back, he said & in that moment, I knew there was no way the children of our world would fail.

No comments: