Join In and Play by Cheri J Meiners
I love all of the books in this "Learning to Get Along" series. Each book introduces an important issue for preschoolers; like sharing, meeting new friends, being honest, or feeling afraid. Each book includes a list of questions for discussion and games to play that support learning about the values in the book.
Our thoughts after reading this book together:
Reid- Yeah, that's a good book. I didn't get a turn to ride on the new red car today but I might get a turn later after snack time, right?
John- That boy was sad. He didn't get that ball because he wanted it.
Quinn- I like that book. I want to read it again. If I say how I feel and the other person says how they feel, then we can talk about it.
Dorothy- That book is good if you don't want to be mean. Quinn said things not nice earlier but we said sorry.
Finn-That book has a train table like me and a ball like Layla's.
Layla- I can give my friend a turn after I all done with my new bike on Saturday.
Jackson- I can say no if I don't want to play with someone.
Goodnight Goon by Michael Rex
This book claims to be a "petrifying parody" of the classic "Goodnight Moon". When I saw it at the library last night, it caught my eye immediately. It combines two things that young children typically adore; monsters and familiarity... how could I go wrong?
Our critique of this book:
Dorothy- I don't think this book is very bedtime-ish. I mean, that word "jaws" is a little too scary for right before bed.
Finn- I think it was scary. I liked the monsters.
Quinn-It was pretty darn bad. The whole book was pretty boring.
Reid- It was scary and it was that monster with sharp teeth. I want to read it again.
John- The monster was scary because it had teeth.
Jackson- That book was too short words for me. I liked the pictures but not the words. It was boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment