Directions and Counting Our Steps!

Today with our combined class, we had different kids of all ages hanging out together!  During our classroom time, we decided to take an extended walk where we followed some directions to see where we would end up.  Above is everyone at the beginning of our walk, being unsure of where we were going to end up!

We counted our steps out loud, and watched the clipboard to see where we were going to end up.  Teh directions went like this, "63 steps to the left after turning out on to the sidewalk, and then straight."

The teachers read the directions out loud, while the kids helped count to see where we were going to be.  After we counted, we found out that our directions lead us to the QFC produce section!

Here's Myla, who was in charge of our directions!  During our pit stop at the produce section, we had a conversation about how directions work and how to get to places that we have never been before.

Nolan: I've been here before, guys!
Roberta: I know that you've been here before, but we didn't know where we were going to end up when we first left the house, and the directions guided us to the right place!
Nolan: Do you use directions to find places?
Roberta: Yes, if I was going somewhere new I would need directions to figure out where to go.
Nolan: Like to my house? It's that way!

We then continued on our walk, and returned to the house for some warm outdoor time!

No comments: